ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT
Award-winning vocalist, songwriter, pianist and composer, Meredith Blis embraces varied influences, from Bach to jazz to modern electronica. Her siren-like vocals evoke both an intimacy and the emotional intensity of the blues. The lush musical production draws comparisons to artists such as Ellie Goulding and Annie Lennox. And her writing is reflective of confessional singer-songwriters like Tori Amos and Sarah McLachlan. Originally from New York City, Meredith grew up in the industry - Her father, Milton Sincoff, was a longtime executive with Arista Records. She earned her B.A. from Sarah Lawrence College. She then spent five years in the extension division at The Juilliard School, studying music theory and classical composition. Meredith currently resides in Nashville.
The Meredith Blis Electric is a live electronic experience that pairs her Liilluth Fair-esque songs with electronica, looping and soundscapes via Ableton Live and multiple midi controllers like the Naonext Crystal Ball.
With the upcoming release of her EP, “Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful”, Meredith is reconnecting with her artistic voice and some of her most personal music is beginning to surface: songs about recognizing our darkest internal recesses and shining a light on them, songs about bravery and songs about hope. As part of an outreach project for her current single release, “Shine Again,” she is affiliating with charities to raise awareness for depression awareness and suicide prevention.
- - New Mexico Music Awards Winner BEST POP CD
- -New Mexico Music Awards Nominations Best Song, Best Pop CD,
- Best Arrangement of an Original Composition, Best Female Vocalist
- -LAMN Jam (LA Music Network) Performance Competition Winner hosted by NARIP
- -Song of the Year Songwriting Contest Finalist: Song: “Let It Rain”
-Peace Driven Songs Competition Honorable Mention: Song: “Legacy”
-Rock Solid Pressure Song Competition Winner:
- -TSAI “Songwriter of the Year” Nomination
- -TSAI “Song of the Year” Nomination
- -TSAI “Most promising Female Songwriter of the year” Multiple Nominations
- -TSAI “Recording of the Year” -"Shine Again" Nomination
- -TSAI Elected Creative Director
- -ASCAP PLUS Award Recipient
“Rapturous piano accompanied by sensual penetrating vocals with meaning, propels this hypnotic artist to the top rung of the innovative and entertaining musical ladder….Meredith’s songwriting ability marries intimate sounds, with professional accompaniment, to her fervent piano and powerful vocals – producing songs that will never grow old….” - Lightword Publishing
- “Is this album a testament to Meredith Blis' skills or those of a fine producer? One could make the case for both. The sound of the album complements Blis as a musician, because this is music that sounds just right for someone like her. However, do not be fooled. Meredith Blis has talent, which no amount of high-class production can take away. Meredith Blis can set a mood. The opening and title track is a mid-tempo ballad, which sets the tone for what is to come. To be honest, except for the female vocals, I could hear McCartney recording something like this. 'Mighty Aphrodite' in turn brought images of Elton John to mind, in a good way. The strings featured on the latter are gorgeous, matching the powerful vocal from Blis.” - The Daily Vault
“Meredith Blis follows her intriguing debut record with an equally deft new album. She’s a stunning singer and her songs resonate…” - Collected Sounds
MEREDITH BLIS ENSEMBLES:
SOLO | DUO w/ cello | TRIO w/ cello & cajon | ELECTRIC w/ Ableton live (midi controllers / multi synths & cello)
Set Lists can include both Original Music and Adult Contemporary Cover Songs, at the venues request.
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR CORPORATE AND CHARITABLE EVENTS.